Those traveling to Yaphank are sure to enjoy the sights to see and things to do. There are 145 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Shirley, NY (WSH-Brookhaven Calabro), 2.6 mi (4.2 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Islip, NY (ISP-MacArthur), 9.6 mi (15.5 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Yaphank
A favorite place to visit in the city is Baseball Heaven. Additionally, you'll find Country Fair Entertainment Park and Vietnam Veterans Memorial in the area.
As you plan your vacation to Yaphank, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 24 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Radisson Hotel Hauppauge-Long Island is located 18.1 mi (29.1 km) from the heart of Yaphank. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Hauppauge can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its dining options and overall value.
- Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Holtsville Long Island is 5.2 mi (8.4 km) from the center of Yaphank. This 3.5-star hotel in Holtsville features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and overall value.
- Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino is 12.9 mi (20.7 km) from central Yaphank. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Islandia can enjoy access to a casino and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and overall value.
Getting Around Yaphank
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Yaphank Station. Yaphank may not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Yaphank
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 22°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 24°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Yaphank is 44.13 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 26°F