Get an overview of this hotelMelbourne hostel in Melbourne Central Business District, walk to RMIT University
Popular property highlights
Located in Melbourne Central Business District, this hostel is steps from Old Melbourne Gaol and RMIT University. Melbourne Central and Queen Victoria Market are also within 15 minutes.
A restaurant, a fitness center, and a bar/lounge are available at this hostel. Other amenities include a spa tub, a rooftop terrace, and WiFi in public areas.
All 92 shared rooms offer WiFi.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Space Hotel - Hostel
Space Hotel - Hostel features a spa tub and a fitness center. The hostel offers a restaurant. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. A computer station is located on site and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge.
This Melbourne hostel also offers a rooftop terrace, a library, and tour/ticket assistance.
Space Hotel - Hostel has designated areas for smoking.
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of floors - 8
- Concierge services
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Computer station
- Designated smoking areas
- Airport transportation
- Billiards or pool table
- Tours/ticket assistance
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Luggage storage
- Laundry facilities
- Total number of rooms - 92
- Rooftop terrace
- Picnic area
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Spa tub
- Barbecue grill(s)
- Fitness facilities
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( AUD 5 per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( AUD 5 per night )
- Air conditioning
- Daily housekeeping
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Shared accommodations
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Shared/communal kitchen
- Individually furnished
Where to Eat
Blue Moon Bar - This pub specializes in local cuisine and serves lunch and dinner. Guests can enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). Happy hour is offered.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hostel include a spa tub and a fitness center.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 10 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 5 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- No onsite parking is available.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
No rollaway/extra beds available
No cribs (infant beds) available
- Resort fee
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: AUD 5 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: AUD 5 per night (rates may vary)
- Late check-out fee: AUD 20
- Space Backpacker
- Space Backpacker Melbourne
- Space Hotel Backpacker
- Space Hotel Backpacker Melbourne
- Space Hotel Hostel/Backpacker Melbourne
- Space Hotel Hostel/Backpacker
- Space Hostel/Backpacker Melbourne
- Space Hostel/Backpacker
- Space Hotel Hostel Melbourne
- Space Hotel Hostel
- Space Melbourne
We should mention
This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties. A resort fee is included in the total price displayed. Children 5 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.