Luxury-minded travelers will find upscale places to stay in Menaggio, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting. Relaxing and culturally-rich, this city also attracts tourists with its gardens. Around the area, top sights include Villa Carlotta, Villa Melzi, and Villa del Balbianello.
- There are 26 hotels and other accommodations in Menaggio
- The closest major airport is in Lugano (LUG-Agno), 15.5 mi (25 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Bergamo (BGY-Orio Al Serio), 33.4 mi (53.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Menaggio
The city's lakeside and gardens provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Menaggio Beach. Taking a ferry is a top activity, and Menaggio and Cadenabbia Golf Club is one place to visit. Additionally, in the area you'll find Villa Carlotta and Villa Melzi.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 26 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Menaggio. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Apartments Co.Ri Menaggio - Amenities at this apartment include a restaurant and an in-room kitchen. Expedia travelers love its helpful staff and high-quality beds.
- Hotel Royal - Our customers like the helpful staff and walkable location at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Garni Corona - Amenities in this 3-star hotel room include free WiFi and a flat-screen TV. Expedia customers like its proximity to public transit and comfortable rooms.
Top places to visit around the area include Villa del Balbianello, 3.8 mi/6.1 km from the heart of the city, and Cathedral of Como, which is 16 mi (25.8 km) away.
Dressing for Menaggio
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 57°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 33°F
- From April to June, the average is 76°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 65°F as the daytime average and 35°F as the nighttime average
- Menaggio gets about 1.02 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 35°F