Families will find kid-friendly activities in Midvale, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, ski areas, and shopping. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its breweries, lakeside setting, and entertainment choices. Around the area, top sights include Clark Planetarium, The Gateway, and Tabernacle.
- You'll find 447 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Salt Lake City
- The closest major airport is in Salt Lake City, UT (SLC-Salt Lake City Intl.), 12.6 mi (20.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Provo, UT (PVU), 28.9 mi (46.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Midvale
A favorite place to visit in the city is Jungle Jim's Playland. In the area, you'll also find Clark Planetarium and The Gateway.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Midvale. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Staybridge Suites Midvale - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Salt Lake City Midvale - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and overall value at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express Salt Lake City South - Midvale - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its room size and location.
Top places to visit in the area include Tabernacle, 11 mi/17.8 km from the city center, and Salt Lake Temple, which is 11 mi/17.8 km away.
Getting Around Midvale
You can take advantage of metro transit at Bingham Junction Station, Midvale Center Station, and Midvale Fort Union Station. If you'd like to venture out around the area, consider renting a car to take in more sights.
Dressing for Midvale
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 58°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 22°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 94°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 72°F as the daytime average and 22°F as the nighttime average
- Midvale gets about 16.18 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 23°F