Families will find kid-friendly activities in Murray, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, ski areas, and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices and lakeside setting. Clark Planetarium, The Gateway, and Temple Square are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 447 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Salt Lake City
- The closest major airport is in Salt Lake City, UT (SLC-Salt Lake City Intl.), 10.9 mi (17.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Provo, UT (PVU), 30.8 mi (49.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Murray
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Fashion Place Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. Additionally, you might want to add Eagle Gate College to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Murray. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Residence Inn Salt Lake City Murray - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and quiet location.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salt Lake City South - Murray - Our customers like the overall value and pool at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites Midvalley - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its quiet location.
Top places to visit outside the city include Clark Planetarium, located 8.4 mi (13.5 km) from the heart of the city, and The Gateway, which is 8.5 mi (13.7 km) away.
Getting Around Murray
With so many choices for transportation, exploring all of Murray is a breeze. Make your way to Fashion Place West Station for metro transit. To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Murray Central Station.
Dressing for Murray
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 58°F during the day and 22°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 94°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 72°F and nighttime averages of 22°F
- Murray gets about 16.18 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 23°F