Families will find kid-friendly activities in Provo, and visitors give high marks for the fun sporting events, college vibe, and magnificent mountain views. This city also attracts tourists with its temples and festivals. Top sights in the city include Provo Utah Temple and Thanksgiving Point.
- There are 216 hotels and other accommodations in Provo
- The closest major airport is in Provo, UT (PVU), 3.2 mi (5.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Salt Lake City, UT (SLC-Salt Lake City Intl.), 41.7 mi (67.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Provo
The city is well known for its festivals and cultural venues like Springville Museum of Art and John Hutchings Museum Of Natural History. Families come for attractions such as Thanksgiving Point, Sri Sri Radha Krishna Temple, and Sevens Peaks Waterpark Provo. The city is notable for its temples and landmarks like Provo Utah Temple, Provo City Center Temple, and Reed Smoot House.
In Provo, you'll be able to select from 216 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Staybridge Suites Lehi - Traverse Ridge Center - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Hyatt Place Provo - Our customers like the overall value and central location at this hotel. This 3-star hotel in Timp features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Provo Orem - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Bonneville can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to see outside the city include The Summit At Snowbird, located 24 mi (38.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Alta Ski Area, which is 24.6 mi/39.6 km away.
Getting Around Provo
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Provo Station, Orem Station, or American Fork Station. Provo may not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Provo
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 61°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 22°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 95°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 22°F as the nighttime average
- About 19.75 inches of rain falls on Provo each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 92°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 23°F