Families will find kid-friendly activities in Minot, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This culturally-rich city also attracts tourists with its festivals.
- There are 29 hotels and other accommodations in Minot
- The closest major airport is in Minot, ND (MOT-Minot Intl.), 1.8 mi (3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Minot
The city is well known for its festivals and cultural venues like Dakota Territory Air Museum. Favorite family attractions include North Dakota State Fairgrounds and Roosevelt Park Zoo. The picturesque setting of Roosevelt Park and Scandinavian Heritage Park exemplify the city's natural beauty.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 29 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Minot. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Dakotah Rose Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
- Noble Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Hampton Inn and Suites Minot - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its clean, quiet rooms and bed quality.
Getting Around Minot
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Minot Station. Minot might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Minot
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 46°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 3°F
- From April to June, the average is 79°F during the day and 26°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 40°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 62°F as the daytime average and 4°F as the nighttime average
- Minot gets about 17.17 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 6°F