Modesto Motels for the Frugal Traveler
There are 13 affordable motels in Modesto among more than 55 hotels and other lodging choices. When you pick one of these budget accommodations, there might not be abundant amenities like you'd find at a traditional hotel but you'll save more money for your trip.
Fun fact: Motels became more prevalent in the U.S. after World War II with the popularity of car travel and road trips, peaking in the mid-1960s with more than 60,000 properties. When you stay at a motel property, you'll usually access your room directly from the parking lot.
Below are a few of Expedia customers' favorite Modesto motels available to book:
Motel 6 Turlock
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Best Western Orchard Inn
- Free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free parking are available during your stay.
Motel 6 Modesto - Downtown
- Enjoy access to the coffee in the lobby, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Motel 6 Modesto
- An outdoor pool and free WiFi are available during your stay, along with room amenities like cable TV.
- Enjoy access to the laundry facilities, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Things to Do in Modesto
In this family-friendly area, you can check out the shops and enjoy the restaurants while you're sightseeing. People visiting Modesto have good things to say about the festivals.
Enjoy nature with a stop at:
- Caswell Memorial State Park
- Floragold Park
These are some attractions the whole family can enjoy:
- Blue Diamond Growers
During your trip, here are some other places to visit:
- Gallo Center for the Arts
- State Theatre of Modesto
- Modesto Municipal Golf Course
Modesto is also notable for its:
Best Time to Visit Modesto
Decide when you'd like to visit Modesto by reviewing these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and December are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 71° F and nighttime temperatures average 39° F
- April-June: 93° F is the daytime average and 47° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 96° F and nighttime averages are around 56° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 85° F during the day and 39° F at night
- Average rainfall is 12.64 inches in a year
How to Get to Modesto and Around the Area
|Modesto, CA (MOD-Modesto City - County) ||Airport ||2.4 mi (3.9 km) |
|Stockton, CA (SCK-Stockton Municipal) ||Airport ||21.9 mi (35.2 km) |
|Merced, CA (MCE-Merced Municipal) ||Airport ||36.2 mi (58.3 km) |
|Modesto Station ||Train Station ||5.1 mi (8.2 km) |