Visitors to Monteriggioni are sure to enjoy the wineries and local tours. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its churches. Top sights around the area include Stadio Artemio Franchi, Siena Cathedral, and Piazza del Campo.
- There are 63 hotels and other accommodations in Monteriggioni
- The closest major airport is in Florence (FLR-Peretola), 30.1 mi (48.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Monteriggioni
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the countryside and Val di Merse. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Monteriggioni Castle and San Leonardo al Lago.
In Monteriggioni, there are 63 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- La Canonica di San Michele - Amenities at this bed & breakfast include free breakfast and a restaurant.
- Relais la Costa - Dimora Storica - Our customers like the helpful staff and comfortable rooms at this property. This property in Val d'Elsa features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant.
- Borgo San Luigi - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Val d'Elsa can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Stadio Artemio Franchi, 6 mi/9.7 km from the city center, and Siena Cathedral, which is 6.3 mi (10.1 km) away.
Getting Around Monteriggioni
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Monteriggioni Badesse Station or Monteriggioni Castellina Station. Monteriggioni might not have very many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Monteriggioni
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 66°F and the nighttime average to be 43°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 88°F during the day and 49°F at night
- July through September averages 92°F during the day and 61°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 78°F during the day and 45°F at night
- Monteriggioni gets about 31.22 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 44°F