History buffs will enjoy exploring Siena, and visitors give high marks for the local tours. This city also attracts tourists with its cathedral, museums, and cafés. Top sights in the city include Piazza del Campo, Civic Museum, and Palazzo Pubblico.
- There are 293 hotels and other accommodations in Siena
- The closest major airport is in Florence (FLR-Peretola), 34.1 mi (54.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Siena
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Civic Museum, Museum of Torture, and Museo delle Tavolette di Biccherna. Its cathedral and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Piazza del Campo, Siena Cathedral, and Torre del Mangia. Other notable sights to explore include Palazzo Pubblico and Stadio Artemio Franchi.
In Siena, you'll find 293 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- La Coroncina Lodging - Amenities at this apartment include free parking and an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and proximity to public transit.
- Aia Mattonata Relais - Amenities at this townhouse accommodation include an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
- Residenza d'Epoca Relais Campo Regio - This bed & breakfast in Siena Historical Center features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a bar. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Popular places to visit in the area include Abbazia di San Galgano, located 14.7 mi (23.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Collegiate Church of Santa Maria Assunta, which is 17.8 mi (28.6 km) away.
Getting Around Siena
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Siena Station. Siena might not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Siena
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 66°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 43°F
- From April to June, the average is 88°F during the day and 49°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 61°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 78°F as the daytime average and 45°F as the nighttime average
- About 31.22 inches of rain falls on Siena each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 44°F