Find Hotels in Monteverde
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Feb 29, 2020
Reviewed on Mar 19, 2020
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Monteverde, and visitors give high marks for the beautiful forests and local tours. In Monteverde, there are 94 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in San Jose (SJO-Juan Santamaria Intl.), 46.4 mi (74.7 km) from the city center. The next closest is in San Jose (SYQ-Tobias Bolanos Intl.), 51.7 mi (83.2 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Monteverde
The forests, hiking trails, and rainforest highlight the city's natural beauty, and Curi-Cancha Reserve, Monteverde Cloud Forest Biological Reserve, and Wildlife Refuge Monteverde are worth a visit. In the area, you'll also find Sky Adventures Monteverde Park and Selvatura Adventure Park.
In Monteverde, there are 94 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Chira Glamping Monteverde - With a stay at this 3.5-star cabin, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia travelers love its dining options and high-quality beds.
- Rancho de Lelo Ecolodge & Sustainable Farm - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this lodge. This 2.5-star lodge features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Casas del Toro Monteverde - This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
Dressing for Monteverde
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 61°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 64°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 81°F with nighttime averages of 63°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 80°F and nighttime averages of 62°F
- Average annual rainfall for Monteverde is 72.76 inches
- Usually April and May are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 62°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Monteverde?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Monteverde, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Monteverde?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Monteverde?
What's the best accommodation for a family vacation to Monteverde?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic vacation to Monteverde?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation in Monteverde?
Where is the best place to stay close to Monteverde Cloud Forest Biological Reserve?
What about the best place to stay close to Reserva Biológica Bosque Nuboso Monteverde?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Monteverde?
Recent reviews of Monteverde hotels
More trip options
- Monteverde Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Monteverde Airports
- Hotels in Monteverde Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Monteverde Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Monteverde
- More Hotel Options in Monteverde
- More Popular Hotels in Puntarenas
- Other Hotels near Monteverde, Puntarenas
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends