Visiting Monument Valley
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Monument Valley, and visitors give high marks for the important monuments and top-notch restaurants. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its local tours and museums. Top sights in the city include Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park, Monument Valley, and Oljato-Monument Valley. There are 6 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area.
Sightseeing and Staying in Monument Valley
The city is well known for its museums and cultural venues like Goulding's Trading Post Museum. The hiking trails and desert highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park, Monument Valley, and Oljato-Monument Valley. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are John Ford Point and Artist's Point.
As you plan your trip to Monument Valley, you might not find accommodations in the city center, but you can choose from 6 lodging options within the bigger area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Goulding's Lodge is 8.7 mi (14.1 km) from central Monument Valley. Guests who stay at this 3-star lodge in Monument Valley can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Kayenta Monument Valley Inn is located 17.1 mi (27.5 km) from the heart of Monument Valley. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Kayenta can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Bluff Dwellings Resort is 39.4 mi (63.4 km) from the center of Monument Valley. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Bluff can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its helpful staff and room size.
Dressing for Monument Valley
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 67°F and the nighttime average to be 26°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 98°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 100°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 80°F during the day and 26°F at night
- About 5.89 inches of rain falls on Monument Valley each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 97°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 27°F