Visiting Mount Vernon
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Mount Vernon, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's opera houses, entertainment choices, and architecture.
- There are 14 hotels and other accommodations in Mount Vernon
- The closest major airport is in Marion, IL (MWA-Williamson County Regional), 39.7 mi (63.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Mount Vernon
Favorite places to visit in the city include Veterans Memorial Park, Jefferson County Fairgrounds, and King City Square Shopping Center. You'll also find Dix Village Hall and Southern Illinois Art and Artisans Center in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Mount Vernon. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Drury Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and convenient parking.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Mt. Vernon Rend Lake - Our customers like the convenient parking and room size at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Comfort Suites Mount Vernon - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and helpful staff.
Dressing for Mount Vernon
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 59°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 21°F
- From April to June, the average is 86°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 73°F as the daytime average and 21°F as the nighttime average
- Mount Vernon gets about 43.39 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 86°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 23°F