Visitors to Murray are sure to enjoy the university setting, lakeside setting, and sporting events. Tourists can also enjoy the city's live music, theaters, and churches.
- You'll find 18 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Mayfield
- The closest major airport is in Paducah, KY (PAH-Barkley Regional), 40.4 mi (65 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Murray
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and such places to visit as Central Park and Arboretum at Murray State. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Murray State University is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Murray Court Square and Wrather West Kentucky Museum.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Murray. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Murray - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Murray - Our customers like the helpful staff and comfortable beds at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Murray Plaza Lodge - This 2-star motel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Murray
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 66°F during the day and 28°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 88°F, while the average at night is 44°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 55°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 76°F and nighttime averages of 29°F
- About 55.55 inches of rain falls on Murray each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 89°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 30°F