Visitors to Nessebar are sure to enjoy the seaside. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, museums, and theme park. A top sight in the area is Sunny Beach.
- There are 51 hotels and other accommodations in Nessebar
- The closest major airport is in Bourgas (BOJ), 12.7 mi (20.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Nessebar
The city's cultural venues include Nessebar Ethnographic Museum and Archaeological Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Church of Saint John the Baptist, Church of Christ Pantocrator, and Church of the Holy Archangels Michael and Gabriel. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Church of Saint Paraskevi and Church of Saint Sophia.
In Nessebar, you'll be able to select from 51 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Italia Nessebar - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Nessebar New Town can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and helpful staff.
- Sol Nessebar Palace - All Inclusive - With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Sunny Beach, located 2.2 mi (3.6 km) from the center of the city.
Dressing for Nessebar
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 56°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 31°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 33°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Nessebar is 0.94 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 33°F