Visiting New Paltz
Visitors to New Paltz are sure to enjoy the university setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's sporting events, entertainment choices, and live music.
- You'll find 109 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Poughkeepsie
- The closest major airport is in Newburgh, NY (SWF-Stewart Intl.), 17.1 mi (27.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in White Plains, NY (HPN-Westchester County), 50.9 mi (82 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in New Paltz
The city's cultural venues include G. Steve Jordan Gallery and DM Weil Gallery. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hiking trails and Mohonk Preserve Visitor Center. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Huguenot Street Historic District and Loren Campbell Memorial Field.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in New Paltz. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn by Hilton New Paltz - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and convenient parking.
- New Paltz Hostel - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this hostel. With a stay at this 2-star hostel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a computer station, along with free WiFi.
- Americas Best Value Inn-New Paltz - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Dressing for New Paltz
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 54°F during the day and 15°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 31°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 45°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 69°F and nighttime averages of 17°F
- About 46.61 inches of rain falls on New Paltz each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 17°F