History buffs will enjoy exploring Kingston, and visitors give high marks for the ski areas and magnificent mountain views. Tourists who journey to this vibrant city can discover its live music, entertainment choices, and riverfront. Top sights in the city include Catskill Mountains, Hunter Mountain, and Windham Mountain Resort.
- There are 493 hotels and other accommodations in Kingston
- The closest major airport is in Hudson, NY (HCC-Columbia County), 29.3 mi (47.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Newburgh, NY (SWF-Stewart Intl.), 29.9 mi (48.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kingston
Well-known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Ulster Performing Arts Center, Hudson River Maritime Museum, and Opus 40. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Saugerties Lighthouse, Emerson Place Kaleidoscope, and Montgomery Place. The hiking trails, riverfront, and mountain views highlight the city's natural beauty, and Catskill Mountains, Forsyth Park, and Kaaterskill Falls are worth a visit.
In Kingston, you'll be able to select from 493 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The George Ellen Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- 1712 House - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Mountain Brook - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and concierge services. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Kingston include Hunter Mountain and Windham Mountain Resort. In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Minnewaska State Park, located 18.1 mi (29.2 km) from the heart of the city, and Belleayre Mountain, which is 29.7 mi (47.8 km) away.
Dressing for Kingston
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 54°F during the day and 15°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 31°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 45°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 69°F and nighttime averages of 17°F
- Average annual rainfall for Kingston is 46.53 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 17°F