Find Beach Hotels & Resorts in Newcastle from $55
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on Feb 25, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Dec 21, 2020
Reviewed on Jan 19, 2021
More Beachfront Hotels in Newcastle
- Beachside Cottage at Blacksmiths129 Ungala Road, Blacksmiths, NSWGet Rates
- Blacksmiths Sea Breeze13 Kalinda Street, Blacksmiths, NSWGet Rates
- NOAH'S On The BeachCnr Shortland Esplanade and Zaara Street, Newcastle East, NSW
The price is $110 per night from Feb 7 to Feb 84.3/5Excellent! (986 reviews)
- Alloggio Newcastle Beach21 Parnell Place, Newcastle East, NSW
The price is $55 per night from Feb 22 to Feb 233.3/5 (628 reviews)
- Rydges NewcastleWharf Rd & Merewether St, Newcastle, NSW
The price is $139 per night from Feb 7 to Feb 84.4/5Excellent! (999 reviews)
- Novotel Newcastle Beach5 King Street, Newcastle, NSW
The price is $140 per night from Feb 7 to Feb 84.3/5Excellent! (988 reviews)
- Travelodge Hotel NewcastleCorner Of King And Steel Streets, Newcastle West, NSW
The price is $83 per night from Feb 7 to Feb 83.6/5Good! (996 reviews)
Beach Villas in Newcastle
- Catho Cottage15 Lindsley Street, Catherine Hill Bay, NSWGet Rates
- Villa at Valentine (with views)Newcastle, NSWGet Rates4.9/5Exceptional! (19 reviews)
- Sunrise Shores152b Caves Beach Road, Caves Beach, NSWGet Rates
- Sandcastle, 26a Winsor Street26A Winsor Street, Merewether, NSWGet Rates
- Gannet - Deluxe Villa90 Kingfisher Circuit, Cams Wharf, NSWGet Rates
- Sandpiper - Deluxe Villa69 Kingfisher Circuit, Cams Wharf, NSWGet Rates
- By the Beach at Catho76 Flowers Drive, Catherine Hill Bay, NSWGet Rates
- Petrel Deluxe Villa19 Kingfisher Circuit, Cams Wharf, NSWGet Rates
- Ibis - Family Deluxe Villa98 Kingfisher Circuit, Cams Wharf, NSWGet Rates
- Plover - Executive Villa25 Wild Duck Drive, Cams Wharf, NSWGet Rates
Beach Hotels in Newcastle
Known for its swimming spots, Newcastle offers a lot for the traveler planning a beach getaway. With 78 beach hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in this family-friendly destination, it's a breeze to find one that meets your needs.
As you look for a place to stay near the water in Newcastle, consider selecting one of these top beach hotels with positive traveler reviews.
Newcastle Beach YHA - 3 hostel near Newcastle Beach. It features complimentary wireless Internet access, a library, and laundry facilities. Guests love the beach and overall value.
Beachside Cottage at Blacksmiths - 3 vacation home on the beach. This vacation home boasts complimentary wireless Internet access, free self parking, and kitchens.
Stockton Beach Holiday Park - 3.5 campground on the beach. It offers complimentary wireless Internet access, free self parking, and kitchens. Guest reviews highlight the beach and cleanliness.
Quality Apartments City Centre Newcastle - 4 apartment near Newcastle Beach. It features complimentary wireless Internet access, kitchens, and LCD televisions. Guests love the beach and breakfast.
Tantarra Bed and Breakfast - 3.5 bed & breakfast near the beach. Our travelers recommend its breakfast and size. This bed & breakfast boasts an outdoor pool, cooked-to-order, and complimentary wireless Internet access.
Planning Your Trip to Newcastle
If you're wondering about the local weather, you can use these monthly averages to determine the best time to visit.
- Hottest months: January, February, December, and March, with an average temperature of 80°F
- Coldest months: July, August, June, and September, with an average temperature of 47°F
- Driest months: August, September, October, and June, with an average rainfall of 0.09 inches
- Rainiest months: June, January, February, and July, with an average rainfall of 0.12 inches
Sightseeing in and Around NewcastleAfter getting settled at your accommodation of choice, you'll likely want to venture out and explore. If you're eager to check out the beaches, head to Horseshoe Beach or Nobbys Head Beach for some relaxation by the water. Take advantage of the area's swimming, and make time for local attractions like Christ Church Cathedral and Newcastle Beach. For additional things to see and do, consider a visit to Civic Theater or King Edward Park. Visitors also enjoy Newcastle for its:
Getting Around Newcastle
The closest major airport is in Newcastle, NSW (NTL-Williamtown), located 9.2 mi (14.8 km) from the city center. If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Civic Station, Newcastle Interchange Station, or Hamilton Station. You can learn about water transportation options at the port.