Visitors to Oakland are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's ski areas and ecotours.
- You'll find 797 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Cumberland
- The closest major airport is in Morgantown, WV (MGW-Morgantown Municipal), 33.3 mi (53.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Elkins, WV (EKN-Randolph County), 42.8 mi (68.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Oakland
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and Deep Creek Lake. In the area, you'll also find Cathedral State Park and Thousand Acres Lakeside Golf Course.
In Oakland, you'll be able to select from 362 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Garrett Inn - Amenities at this 2.5-star motel include free parking and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and WiFi.
- Oak Mar Motel - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this motel. With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Haley Farm Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Oakland
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 17°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 78°F, while the average at night is 31°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 79°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 64°F and nighttime averages of 18°F
- Oakland gets about 50.16 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 19°F