Visitors to Orleans are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's mountain views, coffeehouses, and bars.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in Orleans
- The closest major airport is in Newport, VT (EFK-Newport State), 8.5 mi (13.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Lyndonville, VT (LLX-Caledonia County), 16.4 mi (26.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Orleans
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and Lake Willoughby. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Orleans Country Club and Old Stone House Museum.
This is a top rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Willoughvale Inn - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Orleans
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 44°F during the day and 2°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 77°F, while the average at night is 24°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 78°F with nighttime averages of 41°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 61°F and nighttime averages of 6°F
- Average annual rainfall for Orleans is 41.30 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 76°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 5°F