Families will find kid-friendly activities in Jay, and all visitors are sure to appreciate the water parks. Quaint and welcoming, this city attracts tourists with its ski areas and mountain views.
- There are 20 hotels and other accommodations in Jay
- The closest major airport is in Newport, VT (EFK-Newport State), 11.2 mi (18.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Stowe, VT (MVL-Morrisville-Stowe State), 29.7 mi (47.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Jay
Skiing is a top activity, and Jay Peak Resort Golf Course is one place to visit. Additionally, you might want to add Pump House Indoor Waterpark to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 20 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Jay. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Jay Peak Resort - This 3-star resort features a full-service spa, a golf course, and ski slopes. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and room size.
- The Jay Village Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this inn. With a stay at this 3-star inn, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Jay
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 44°F during the day and 2°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 77°F, while the average at night is 24°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 78°F with nighttime averages of 41°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 61°F and nighttime averages of 6°F
- Jay gets about 41.30 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 76°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 5°F