Visitors to Orono are sure to enjoy the university setting, shopping, and restaurants. This walkable city also attracts tourists with its riverfront.
- You'll find 57 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Bangor
- The closest major airport is in Bangor, ME (BGR-Bangor Intl.), 8.8 mi (14.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Orono
The city's cultural venues include Collins Center for the Arts and Hudson Museum. The university setting is a highlight of the city and University of Maine is worth a campus tour. Additionally, you might want to add Penobscot Valley Country Club to your agenda.
Below is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Black Bear Inn and Conference Center - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Orono
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 46°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 6°F
- From April to June, the average is 78°F during the day and 27°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 64°F as the daytime average and 9°F as the nighttime average
- Orono gets about 41.93 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 9°F