Visiting Old Town
Those traveling to Old Town are sure to enjoy the sights to see and things to do. There are 60 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Bangor, ME (BGR-Bangor Intl.), 10.7 mi (17.3 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Old Town
Places to visit in the larger region include University of Maine, Hudson Museum, and Collins Center for the Arts. You'll also find Orono Bog Boardwalk and Penobscot Valley Country Club in the area.
As you make plans for a getaway to Old Town, the best accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 15 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Country Inn at The Mall is 7.6 mi (12.2 km) from the center of Old Town. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Bangor can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Four Points by Sheraton Bangor Airport is located 10.7 mi (17.3 km) from the heart of Old Town. This 3-star hotel in Bangor features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Pine Tree Inn is 10.6 mi (17.1 km) from central Old Town. This 2.5-star hotel in Bangor features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Old Town
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 46°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 6°F
- From April to June, the average is 78°F during the day and 27°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 64°F as the daytime average and 9°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Old Town is 41.93 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 9°F