History buffs will enjoy exploring Orvieto, and all visitors are sure to appreciate the cathedral. This rural city also attracts tourists with its local tours. A top sight in the city is Duomo di Orvieto.
- There are 112 hotels and other accommodations in Orvieto
- The closest major airport is in Perugia (PEG-Sant Egidio), 32.8 mi (52.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Orvieto
Its cathedral and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Duomo di Orvieto, Palazzo del Popolo, and Pozzo della Cava. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the countryside and Parco dei Sette Frati. Taking local tours is a top activity, and Orvieto Underground is one place to visit.
In Orvieto, you'll be able to select from 112 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Bed & Breakfast Ripa Medici - Amenities at this bed & breakfast include free breakfast and an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and proximity to shopping.
- B&B Chiara e Benedetta (La villa degli Ulivi) - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, quiet rooms at this B&B. Amenities at this bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- B&B CasaSelita - Amenities at this bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean rooms.
Getting Around Orvieto
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Orvieto Station. Orvieto may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Orvieto
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 61°F during the day and 37°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 42°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 56°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 76°F and nighttime averages of 39°F
- About 32.44 inches of rain falls on Orvieto each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 38°F