History buffs will enjoy exploring Pendleton, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and riverfront. This city also attracts tourists with its casinos, local tours, and shopping. A top sight in the city is Wildhorse Casino.
- There are 53 hotels and other accommodations in Pendleton
- The closest major airport is in Pendleton, OR (PDT-Eastern Oregon Regional), 2.8 mi (4.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Walla Walla, WA (ALW-Walla Walla Regional), 37.6 mi (60.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Pendleton
Cultural venues in the city include Heritage Station Museum, Pendleton Center for the Arts, and Tamastslikt Cultural Institute. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Captain Al James Tugboat. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and these places to visit: Yantis Park, Riverside Park, and Boardman Marina Park.
In Pendleton, you'll find 53 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Oxford Suites Hermiston - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and overall value.
- Oxford Suites Pendleton - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and overall value at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Hermiston Downtown - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Other top sights in Pendleton include Wildhorse Casino.
Dressing for Pendleton
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 58°F and the nighttime average to be 26°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 71°F during the day and 25°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Pendleton is 13.07 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 27°F