Visiting Playa de Palma
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Playa de Palma, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events and aquarium. Around the area, top sights include Cathedral of Santa Maria of Palma, Bellver Castle, and Es Trenc Beach.
- There are 209 hotels and other accommodations in Playa de Palma
- The closest major airport is in Palma de Mallorca (PMI), 1.5 mi (2.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Playa de Palma
Favorite family attractions include Palma Aquarium and Aqualand El Arenal. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as El Arenal Beach and Cala Estancia. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are La Porciuncula Church and Forestal park.
In Playa de Palma, you'll be able to select from 209 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hipotels Playa de Palma Palace - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hipotels Gran Playa de Palma - Our customers like the proximity to public transit and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Grupotel Playa de Palma Suites & Spa - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Cathedral of Santa Maria of Palma, 5.8 mi/9.3 km from the heart of the city, and Bellver Castle, which is 7.1 mi (11.4 km) away.
Dressing for Playa de Palma
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 65°F and the nighttime average to be 40°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 59°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 79°F during the day and 41°F at night
- About 0.79 inches of rain falls on Playa de Palma each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 40°F