Visitors to Pocola are sure to enjoy the casinos and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's bars, entertainment choices, and festivals.
- There are 46 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Fort Smith, AR (FSM-Fort Smith Regional), 9.7 mi (15.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Pocola
Places to visit in the larger region include Central Mall, Fort Smith National Historic Site, and Trolley Museum. In the area, you'll also find Fort Smith Museum of History and Riverfront Amphitheater.
Here's a top rated accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Choctaw Casino Hotel - Pocola - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a casino and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Pocola
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 69°F and the nighttime average to be 29°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 45°F at night
- July through September averages 94°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 80°F during the day and 29°F at night
- About 45.51 inches of rain falls on Pocola each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 93°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 31°F