Punta Gorda Motels for the Frugal Traveler
There are 6 inexpensive motels in Punta Gorda among more than 115 hotels and other lodging choices. These budget accommodations can help you cut costs when compared with traditional hotels, which offer more amenities but ones that you may not use.
Because you'll save on your room price, you can make the most of what Punta Gorda has to offer. Not-to-be-missed sights include Englewood Beach and Boca Grande Beach in the area.
Fun fact: Beginning in the early 1950s, colorful neon signs were used as beacons for tired families on road trips, and today, examples of these can still be found along historic U.S. Route 66. At many motels, you'll often find free parking and an outdoor pool.
Below are some of our customers' best-rated Punta Gorda motels to select from:
Baymont by Wyndham Punta Gorda/Port Charlotte
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Budget Inn-Punta Gorda
- An outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking are available during your stay.
Knights Inn Punta Gorda
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including breakfast and parking.
American Inn Punta Gorda
- Free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities are available during your stay.
Tropical Bay Inn Motel
- Enjoy access to the terrace, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
What to Do in Punta Gorda
Check out the bustling port and enjoy the lively bars in this historical area while you're sightseeing. People who've visited Punta Gorda have good things to say about its shops, live music, and entertainment venues.
Must-see places in and around Punta Gorda include:
- Englewood Beach
- Boca Grande Beach
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Gilchrist Park
- Punta Gorda History Park
- Bayshore Live Oak Park
You'll find these family-friendly attractions in the area:
- Alligator Creek Preserve
- Kidstar Park
Punta Gorda is also popular for its:
Best Time to Visit Punta Gorda
Determine the perfect time for your visit to Punta Gorda by looking over these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and December are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 82° F and nighttime temperatures average 51° F
- April-June: 92° F is the daytime average and 59° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 92° F and nighttime averages are around 71° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 89° F during the day and 52° F at night
- Average rainfall is 50.71 inches in a year
How to Get to Punta Gorda and Around the Area
Punta Gorda Transportation
|Punta Gorda, FL (PGD-Charlotte County) ||Airport ||3.5 mi (5.6 km) |
|Fort Myers, FL (RSW-Southwest Florida Intl.) ||Airport ||33.6 mi (54 km) |
|Sarasota, FL (SRQ-Sarasota-Bradenton Intl.) ||Airport ||43.9 mi (70.7 km) |