Families will find kid-friendly activities in Quincy, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its university setting, riverfront, and shopping.
- There are 13 hotels and other accommodations in Quincy
- The closest major airport is in Quincy, IL (UIN-Quincy Regional-Baldwin Field), 9.3 mi (15 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Quincy
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Quincy Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Quincy University is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Oakley Lindsay Center and Westview Golf Course.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Quincy. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Stoney Creek Quincy - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Holiday Inn Quincy East - Our customers like the bar and convenient parking at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features 2 restaurants, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Quality Inn & Suites - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free parking, and a fitness center. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Getting Around Quincy
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Quincy Station. Quincy might not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Quincy
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 58°F during the day and 17°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 86°F with nighttime averages of 50°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 19°F
- About 41.42 inches of rain falls on Quincy each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 85°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 20°F