Visitors to Retford are sure to enjoy the gardens and bars. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its festivals. Top sights around the area include Sherwood Forest Country Park, Lincoln Castle, and Lincoln Cathedral.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodations in Retford
- The closest major airport is in Doncaster (DSA-Robin Hood), 12.2 mi (19.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Nottingham (NQT), 28.7 mi (46.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Retford
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Sherwood Forest Country Park, Lincoln Castle, and Lincoln Cathedral. In the area, you'll also find Clumber Park and Worksop Golf Club.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Retford. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Lawns Guest House - Amenities at this 4-star guesthouse include free WiFi and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to the airport.
- Best Western Plus West Retford Hotel - Our customers like the helpful staff and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Ye Olde Bell Hotel & Spa - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and free breakfast. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Newstead Abbey, 20.4 mi/32.9 km from the city center, and Magna Science Adventure Centre, which is 20.8 mi (33.5 km) away.
Getting Around Retford
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Retford Station. Retford might not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Retford
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 35°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 66°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 69°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 59°F during the day and 37°F at night
- About 0.71 inches of rain falls on Retford each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 67°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 35°F