Visitors to Richmond are sure to enjoy the university setting and sporting events. Tourists can also enjoy the city's festivals, art, and museums.
- There are 15 hotels and other accommodations in Richmond
- The closest major airport is in Dayton, OH (DAY-James M. Cox Dayton Intl.), 35.9 mi (57.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hamilton, OH (HAO-Butler County Regional), 37.9 mi (60.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Richmond
Cultural venues in the city include Wayne County Historical Museum, Indiana Football Hall of Fame, and Joseph Moore Museum. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Earlham College is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Richmond Mall and Glenn Miller Park.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Richmond. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Classic Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and proximity to shopping.
- Richmond Inn & Suites - Our customers like the overall value and WiFi at this motel. This 2-star motel features free WiFi, free parking, and a 24-hour front desk.
- Motel 6 Richmond, IN - This 2-star hotel features an indoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Getting Around Richmond
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Connersville Station. Richmond may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Richmond
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 57°F and the nighttime average to be 19°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 71°F during the day and 20°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Richmond is 40.70 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 21°F