Families will find kid-friendly activities in Muncie, and visitors give high marks for the college vibe and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its football games, shopping, and casinos.
- There are 33 hotels and other accommodations in Muncie
- The closest major airport is in Muncie, IN (MIE-Delaware County), 3.2 mi (5.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Muncie
The city's cultural venues include Muncie Civic Theatre and Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame. Football fans will find lots to cheer about, while everyone can enjoy an event or game at Anderson Speedway, Winchester Speedway, or New Castle Motorsports Park. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Ball State University is worth a campus tour.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 33 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Muncie. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Anderson - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Portland - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Muncie - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Muncie
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 54°F during the day and 15°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 36°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 18°F
- Average annual rainfall for Muncie is 40.08 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 18°F