Visiting New Castle
Visitors can enjoy all that New Castle has to offer including the restaurants, coffeehouses, and bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping, parks, and museums.
- You'll find 32 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Muncie
- The closest major airport is in Muncie, IN (MIE-Delaware County), 21.5 mi (34.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Indianapolis, IN (IND-Indianapolis Intl.), 51.5 mi (82.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in New Castle
A couple of favorite places to visit are Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame and New Castle Motorsports Park. In the area, you'll also find Royal Hylands Golf Club and Hoosier Park.
Here's a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Rain Tree Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a bar, along with cable TV. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and comfortable beds.
Dressing for New Castle
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 55°F and the nighttime average to be 16°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 82°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 17°F at night
- New Castle gets about 42.87 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 18°F