Visiting Rio Grande City
Visitors can enjoy all that Rio Grande City has to offer including its live music. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its welcoming locals. Top sights in the area include McAllen Botanical Gardens, International Museum of Art and Science, and Museum of South Texas History.
- You'll find 101 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of McAllen
- The closest major airport is in McAllen, TX (MFE-Miller Intl.), 36.8 mi (59.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Rio Grande City
Roma Park is one of the places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, you can explore the sights and enjoy the activities in the larger area.
Here's a top rated accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rio Grand - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Rio Grande City
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 84°F and the nighttime average to be 49°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 96°F during the day and 62°F at night
- July through September averages 98°F during the day and 69°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 90°F during the day and 49°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Rio Grande City is 19.45 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 96°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 50°F