Visiting Riviere des Anguilles
Travelers to Riviere des Anguilles will find plenty to explore and enjoy. Rochester Falls, Ganga Talao, and Chamarel Falls are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 268 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Mahebourg (MRU-Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam Intl.), 9.1 mi (14.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Riviere des Anguilles
A favorite place to visit in the city is La Vanille Nature Reserve. Additionally, in the area you'll find Rochester Falls and Ganga Talao.
As you start planning your visit to Riviere des Anguilles, the best accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 25 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Andrea Lodges is located 1.2 mi (1.9 km) from the heart of Riviere des Anguilles. This 3-star lodge in Riviere des Anguilles features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Le Peninsula Bay Beach Resort is 11 mi (17.8 km) from central Riviere des Anguilles. This 4-star hotel in Blue Bay features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. Our customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
- LUX* Le Morne is 16 mi (25.7 km) from the center of Riviere des Anguilles. Guests who stay at this 5-star resort in Le Morne can enjoy access to 5 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Popular places to visit in the area include Chamarel Falls, located 11.9 mi (19.2 km) from the city center, and Tamarind Falls, which is 12.1 mi (19.5 km) away.
Dressing for Riviere des Anguilles
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 73°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 65°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 78°F with nighttime averages of 65°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 85°F and nighttime averages of 67°F
- About 1.22 inches of rain falls on Riviere des Anguilles each year
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 85°F, whereas August and September are often coldest, averaging 65°F