Bargain hunters enjoy visiting Saint-Denis though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cathedral, soccer matches, and architecture. Top sights around the area include Galeries Lafayette, Arc de Triomphe, and Eiffel Tower.
- You'll find 4254 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Paris
- The closest major airport is in Paris (CDG-Roissy-Charles de Gaulle), 10.9 mi (17.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Paris (ORY-Orly), 13.9 mi (22.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Saint-Denis
A couple of favorite places to visit are Stade de France and Saint Denis Basilica. Additionally, in the area you'll find Galeries Lafayette and Arc de Triomphe.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Saint-Denis. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Novotel Paris Saint Denis Stade Basilique - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to public transit.
- Courtyard by Marriott Paris Saint Denis - Our customers like the helpful staff and proximity to public transit at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, a 24-hour fitness center, and a bar.
- Novotel Suites Paris Stade De France - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a fitness center and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
Top places to see outside the city include Eiffel Tower, 5.7 mi/9.3 km from the heart of the city, and Paris Catacombs, which is 6.7 mi (10.8 km) away.
Getting Around Saint-Denis
With so many choices for transportation, exploring Saint-Denis is easy. You can access metro transit at Saint-Denis-Porte de Paris Metro Station, Basilique de Saint-Denis Station, and Saint-Denis La Plaine-Stade de France Station. To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Saint-Denis Station.
Dressing for Saint-Denis
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 57°F during the day and 33°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 74°F, while the average at night is 41°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 75°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 65°F and nighttime averages of 35°F
- Saint-Denis gets about 24.25 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 75°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 34°F