Luxury-minded travelers will find upscale places to stay in Salisbury, and visitors give high marks for the cathedral and riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its monuments. Top sights in the city include Stonehenge, Salisbury Cathedral, and Old Sarum.
- There are 87 hotels and other accommodations in Salisbury
- The closest major airport is in Bournemouth (BOH-Bournemouth Intl.), 20.2 mi (32.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Southampton (SOU), 20.6 mi (33.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Salisbury
Cultural venues in the city include Stonehenge, Old Sarum, and Salisbury Museum. Its cathedral and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Salisbury Cathedral, Cathedral Close, and Wilton House. Additionally, you might want to add Woodhenge to your agenda.
In Salisbury, you'll find 87 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hare Lodge B&B - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
- Stonehenge Cottages - Our customers love the breakfast and helpful staff at this cottage. With a stay at this 5-star cottage, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Rollestone Manor - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Great Hall, 20.6 mi/33.2 km from the city center, and Southampton Maritime Museum, which is 20.8 mi (33.4 km) away.
Getting Around Salisbury
If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Salisbury Station, Dean Station, or Salisbury Tisbury Station. Salisbury might not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Salisbury
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 69°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 72°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 60°F during the day and 37°F at night
- Salisbury gets about 0.98 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 70°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 36°F