Visiting San Angelo
History buffs will enjoy exploring San Angelo, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This culturally-rich city also attracts tourists with its shopping and university setting.
- There are 33 hotels and other accommodations in San Angelo
- The closest major airport is in San Angelo, TX (SJT-San Angelo Regional), 5.2 mi (8.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in San Angelo
Cultural venues in the city include Railway Museum of San Angelo, San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts, and Chicken Farm Art Center. The city's natural beauty is on display at Santa Fe East Park, The International Water Lily Garden, and San Angelo Nature Center. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Sunset Mall is a favorite for retail therapy.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 33 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in San Angelo. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Residence Inn by Marriott San Angelo - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton San Angelo - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Courtyard San Angelo - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Dressing for San Angelo
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 76°F and the nighttime average to be 33°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 94°F during the day and 48°F at night
- July through September averages 96°F during the day and 59°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 83°F during the day and 33°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for San Angelo is 21.22 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 94°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 34°F