We were there during strange Covid 19 virus time and the place was extremely quiet. Didn’t feel particularly welcomed by the staff. The building is old and not easy to get about with suitcases. Liked the bar and the barman was the only person who talked to us. Probably wouldn’t return to this hotel.
Overview of Handlery Union Square Hotel
Choose dates to view prices
Standard Room, 1 Queen Bed
Premier Room, 1 King Bed
Premier Room, 2 Queen Beds
Standard Double Room, 2 Double Beds
Standard Room, 1 Double Bed
About this area
In the city center, Handlery Union Square Hotel is in San Francisco's Downtown San Francisco neighborhood, an area with good shopping. Ferry Building and Berkeley Marina are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those in the mood for shopping can visit Ghirardelli Square and Pier 39. Looking to enjoy an event or a game? See what's going on at Oracle Park or Cow Palace. Spend some time exploring the area's activities, including golfing. Our guests appreciate the hotel's convenience to public transportation: Powell St & Geary Blvd Stop and Powell St & O'Farrell St Stop are just steps away.
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art - 10 min walk
- Moscone Convention Center - 13 min walk
- Orpheum Theater - 15 min walk
- San Francisco City Hall - 8 min drive
- Exploratorium - 13 min drive
- Powell St & Geary Blvd Stop - 1 min walk
- San Francisco Station - 2 min drive
- San Francisco, CA (SFO-San Francisco Intl.) - 26 min drive
- Daily Grill — 1 min walk
- Daily Grill - 1 min walk
- Lefty O'Doul's - 1 min walk
- Sushi Boat - 1 min walk
- Jack in the Box - 1 min walk
About this property
Handlery Union Square Hotel
Food and drink
Special check-in instructions
Renovations and closures
Children and extra beds
Property payment types
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 15 and USD 40 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 58 per day (in/out privileges)
- Extended parking fee: USD 72 per night
- Pet deposit: USD 250 per stay
- Pet fee: USD 25 per pet, per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
You need to know
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Safety features at this property include a carbon monoxide detector and a smoke detector.
- This property advises that enhanced cleaning and safety measures are currently in place.
- Disinfectant is used to clean the property, and guests are provided with hand sanitizer.
- For traveler safety, the following measures are in place: social distancing measures are in place; staff at the property wear personal protective equipment; an acrylic shield is in place between staff and guests in main contact areas.
- Individually-wrapped food options are available for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Each guestroom is kept vacant for a minimum of 72 hours between bookings.