Visiting San Pedro de Atacama
Travelers to San Pedro de Atacama give high marks for the local tours. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés and volcano viewpoints. In San Pedro de Atacama, there are 135 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in San Pedro de Atacama
Cultural venues in the city include Paniri Caur Observatory, Meteorite Museum, and R.P. Gustavo Le Paige Archaeological Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Plaza de San Pedro de Atacama, Pukara de Quitor Archaeological Site, and Hierbas Buenas Petraglyphs. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the desert and these places to visit: Cejar Lagoon, Valley of the Moon, and Atacama Salt Flat.
In San Pedro de Atacama, you'll find 135 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Alto Atacama Desert Lodge & Spa - With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a winery and 6 outdoor pools, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- Pascual Andino - Our customers like the dining options and quiet location at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Casa Sirius - With a stay at this 2.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a terrace, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Dressing for San Pedro de Atacama
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 77°F during the day and 37°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 74°F, while the average at night is 30°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 73°F with nighttime averages of 30°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 76°F and nighttime averages of 34°F
- Usually February and March are the hottest months with an average of 77°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 30°F