Visiting San Rafael de Heredia
Visitors to San Rafael de Heredia are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its gardens. Around the area, top sights include Spirogyra Butterfly Garden, Museum of Costa Rican Art, and National Center of Art and Culture.
- You'll find 398 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of San Jose
- The closest major airport is in San Jose (SYQ-Tobias Bolanos Intl.), 6.9 mi (11.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Jose (SJO-Juan Santamaria Intl.), 8.5 mi (13.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in San Rafael de Heredia
Spirogyra Butterfly Garden, Museum of Costa Rican Art, and National Center of Art and Culture are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, in the area you'll find Parque Nacional and Gold Museum.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in San Rafael de Heredia. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Chalet Tirol - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Hotel Boutique Cibeles Resort - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Top places to see in the area include National Theater, 7.8 mi/12.6 km from the city center, and Jade Museum, which is 7.9 mi (12.7 km) away.
Dressing for San Rafael de Heredia
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 83°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 61°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 64°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 80°F as the daytime average and 62°F as the nighttime average
- San Rafael de Heredia gets about 72.76 inches of rain per year
- April and May are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 62°F