Visiting Santa María Huatulco
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Santa María Huatulco, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices. Top sights in the city include Zipolite Beach, Chahue Beach, and Huatulco National Park.
- There are 199 hotels and other accommodations in Santa María Huatulco
- The closest major airport is in Huatulco, Oaxaca (HUX-Bahias de Huatulco Intl.), 6.6 mi (10.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Santa María Huatulco
Notable city landmarks like Puerto Angel Pier and Puerto Angel Lighthouse might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Zipolite Beach, Chahue Beach, and Huatulco National Park. Snorkeling is one of the top activities, while Las Parotas Golf Club, Marina Chahue, and Parador Turistico Shluuna are favorite sights to visit.
In Santa María Huatulco, you'll find 199 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- ZOA Hotel- Adults Only - With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a private beach and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and pool.
- Villas Fa-Sol - Our customers like the quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a private beach, free breakfast, and a restaurant.
- Princess Mayev Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel in P Chahue features 2 outdoor pools, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Santa María Huatulco include La Entrega Beach, Huatulco Beach, and San Augustin Beach.
Dressing for Santa María Huatulco
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 87°F and the nighttime average to be 47°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 56°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 79°F during the day and 47°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Santa María Huatulco is 45.71 inches
- Hottest months are usually April and May with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 48°F