Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Saxmundham, which is also known for its seaside and bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's coffeehouses and zoo.
- There are 31 hotels and other accommodations in Saxmundham
- The closest major airport is in Norwich (NWI-Norwich Intl.), 31.2 mi (50.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Saxmundham
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and such places to visit as RSPB Minsmere and Dunwich Heath and Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Saxmundham Museum and Snape Maltings.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 31 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Saxmundham. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Trustans Barn - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Hare Lodge - Our customers like the breakfast and clean rooms at this B&B. Amenities at this 3-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- The Farmhouse B&B - Amenities in this 3-star B&B guestroom include free WiFi and a coffee maker. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Getting Around Saxmundham
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Saxmundham Station or Darsham Station. Saxmundham might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Saxmundham
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 37°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 70°F, while the average at night is 41°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 74°F with nighttime averages of 50°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 62°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- Average annual rainfall for Saxmundham is 0.87 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 72°F, whereas December and February are often coldest, averaging 37°F