Families will find kid-friendly activities in Spartanburg, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events, shopping, and university setting. A top sight in the area is BMW Zentrum.
- You'll find 206 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Greenville - Spartanburg
- The closest major airport is in Greenville, SC (GSP-Greenville-Spartanburg Intl.), 16.6 mi (26.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Spartanburg
Cultural venues in the city include The Showroom Gallery and Performance Hall, Spartanburg Regional History Museum, and Hub City Railroad Museum. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and WestGate Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include Wofford College and Converse College.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Spartanburg. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- AC Hotel by Marriott Spartanburg - This 3.5-star hotel features 3 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and central location.
- Comfort Suites - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Spartanburg Marriott - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with pillowtop beds. Expedia customers like its pool and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Top places to visit outside the city include BMW Zentrum, located 14.5 mi (23.3 km) from the heart of the city, and Heritage Park, which is 23.2 mi/37.4 km away.
Getting Around Spartanburg
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Spartanburg Station. Spartanburg may not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Spartanburg
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 72°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 29°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 80°F as the daytime average and 29°F as the nighttime average
- Spartanburg gets about 48.46 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 31°F