Major work needs to be done for this hotel
Posted Aug 16, 2016
Established in 1868 and feels like renovated in 1968. We had to shorten our stay and found another hotel due to the following reasons:
1. Extremely poor sound-proof. Guest upstairs returning late and getting up around 5am, tiptoeing, sounded VERY loud. Anyone talks in a reasonable volume on the hallway will surely wake you up. Can't believe this is a commercial property.
2. Tiny room. With double queen beds, they had to move the beds to squeeze in a roll-away bed. Otherwise, no walking space at all.
3. Run-down bathroom. Shower head is so inefficient that it took a long time to wash my shoulder-length hair.
4. Breakfast under-par to say the least. Not to mention the limited selection. The foods are NOT fresh. The boiled eggs tasted like they've been left over in the fridge for a couple of days. Scrambled eggs are watery.
5. Fitness center smells so bad that we didn't summon up enough courage to try it once (but they do offer free pass to Equinox a couple of mils away)
6. Outdoor swimming pool very poorly maintained (when we checked it out, we saw some dead insects floating)
This is the first time I posted negative reviews for a hotel. We are so disappointed that we had to change our plan and checked out before our planned date.