Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Tahiti, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, beaches, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its local tours. Top sights in the city include Maui Beach and Papeete Market.
- There are 148 hotels and other accommodations in Tahiti
- The closest major airport is in Papeete (PPT-Tahiti Faaa Intl.), 18.1 mi (29.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Moorea (MOZ-Temae), 29.2 mi (47 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tahiti
Cultural venues in the city include Black Pearl Museum, Marae Arahurahu Temple, and Museum of Tahiti. The city is notable for landmarks like Pointe Venus Lighthouse, Cathedrale de L'lmmaculee Conception, and Tomb of King Pomare V. The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Maui Beach, Black Sand Beach, and Parc Bougainville.
In Tahiti, you'll find 148 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Ahitea Lodge - With a stay at this 2.5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and pool.
- Vanira Lodge - Our customers like the beach locale and pool at this lodge. This 3.5-star lodge features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free parking.
- InterContinental Resort Tahiti - With a stay at this 4.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and pool.
Other top sights in Tahiti include Papeete Market. Outside the city, popular places to see include Temae Beach, 28.7 mi/46.2 km from the city center, and Moorea Green Pearl Golf Course, which is 30 mi (48.2 km) away.
Dressing for Tahiti
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 87°F and the nighttime average to be 74°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 70°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 69°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 86°F during the day and 71°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Tahiti is 68.74 inches
- Hottest months are usually March and April with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are August and July with an average of 69°F