Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Taunton, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the gardens and coffeehouses. The welcoming and rural setting also entices those visiting the city. Top sights around the area include Bakelite Museum, Dunster Castle, and Glastonbury Abbey.
- There are 100 hotels and other accommodations in Taunton
- The closest major airport is in Exeter (EXT-Exeter Intl.), 23.9 mi (38.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.), 28.4 mi (45.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Taunton
The gardens and countryside exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Wills Neck and Exmoor National Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Bakelite Museum and County Cricket Ground.
In Taunton, you'll be able to select from 100 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Frog Street Farmhouse - This 5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable beds.
- New Barn Cottage B&B - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. Amenities at this 3-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Brook Farm - Amenities at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Dunster Castle, 18.8 mi/30.3 km from the city center, and Glastonbury Abbey, which is 19 mi (30.5 km) away.
Getting Around Taunton
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Taunton Station. Taunton may not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Taunton
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 39°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 65°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September averages 66°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 61°F during the day and 41°F at night
- About 1.02 inches of rain falls on Taunton each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 66°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 39°F