Find Hotels in Bridgwater
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Feb 10, 2020
History buffs will enjoy exploring Bridgwater, and all visitors are sure to appreciate the churches. Rural and tucked away, this city also attracts tourists with its bars. Around the area, top sights include Glastonbury Abbey, Bakelite Museum, and Cheddar Gorge.
- There are 56 hotels and other accommodations in Bridgwater
- The closest major airport is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.), 22 mi (35.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.), 23.7 mi (38.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bridgwater
Its historic sites and churches are notable and landmarks include Admiral Blake Museum and Fyne Court. Additionally, you might want to add Coleridge Cottage to your agenda.
In Bridgwater, you'll be able to select from 56 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Bower Inn - With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and helpful staff.
- The Ancient Mariner - Our customers like the breakfast and room size at this inn. With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Apple Tree Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Glastonbury Abbey, 12.5 mi/20.1 km from the heart of the city, and Bakelite Museum, which is 14 mi (22.6 km) away.
Getting Around Bridgwater
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Bridgwater Station. Bridgwater may not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Bridgwater
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 56°F during the day and 36°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 71°F, while the average at night is 43°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 73°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 63°F and nighttime averages of 37°F
- About 1.18 inches of rain falls on Bridgwater each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 72°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 37°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Bridgwater?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Bridgwater, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Bridgwater?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Bridgwater?
What's the best accommodation for a family vacation in Bridgwater?
What's the best accommodation for a couple visiting Bridgwater?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Bridgwater?
What's the best hotel to stay with easy access to Fyne Court?
What about the best place to stay near Oatley Vineyard?
What's the best hotel to stay near the beach in Bridgwater?
What's the best luxury hotel in Bridgwater?
What are some accommodations with pools in Bridgwater?
Recent reviews of Bridgwater hotels
More trip options
- Bridgwater Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Bridgwater Airports
- Hotels near Popular Bridgwater Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Bridgwater
- More Hotel Options in Bridgwater
- More Popular Hotels in England
- Other Hotels near Bridgwater, England
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends