History buffs will enjoy exploring Tbilisi, and all visitors are sure to appreciate the cathedral. Culturally-rich and scenic, this city also attracts tourists with its cafés. Top sights in the city include Tbilisi Opera and Ballet Theatre, Freedom Square, and Metekhi Church.
- There are 495 hotels and other accommodations in Tbilisi
- The closest major airport is in Tbilisi (TBS-Tbilisi Intl.), 10.2 mi (16.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Tbilisi
Cultural venues in the city include Tbilisi Opera and Ballet Theatre, Tbilisi Circus, and Tbilisi Concert Hall. Its cathedral and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Freedom Square, Metekhi Church, and Narikala Fortress. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Tbilisi Sports Palace and Heroes' Square.
In Tbilisi, you'll be able to select from 495 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Ibis Styles Tbilisi Center - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Old Tbilisi can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- Communal Tbilisi Old Town - Our customers like the overall condition and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel in Old Tbilisi features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- The Grove Design Hotel - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Chugureti can enjoy access to a restaurant and a 24-hour fitness center, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its room size and location.
Getting Around Tbilisi
With so many ways to get around, exploring all of Tbilisi is easy. Metro stations nearby include Rustaveli and Tbilisi Funicular. If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Tbilisi Central Station.
Dressing for Tbilisi
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 57°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 30°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 32°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Tbilisi is 0.75 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 31°F