Find Hotels in Terceira Island
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Visiting Terceira Island
Visitors to Terceira Island are sure to enjoy the seaside. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its volcano viewpoints.
- There are 137 hotels and other accommodations in Terceira Island
- The closest major airport is in Angra do Heroismo (TER-Lajes Intl.), 6.2 mi (10 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Terceira Island
The city is notable for landmarks like Miradouro do Facho, Fortaleza de Sao Joao Batista, and Main Square. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and these places to visit: Algar Caves (Algar do Carvao), Municipal Gardens, and Reserva Florestal Natural Parcial do Biscoito da Ferraria. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Terceira Island Golf Club and Angra Harbor.
In Terceira Island, there are 137 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Terceira Mar Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Hotel Cruzeiro - Our customers like the breakfast and room size at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Hotel Do Caracol - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and helpful staff.
Dressing for Terceira Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 62°F during the day and 54°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 73°F, while the average at night is 55°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 77°F with nighttime averages of 63°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 73°F and nighttime averages of 56°F
- Terceira Island gets about 1.10 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 76°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 54°F